These vegetarian meatballs are amazingly similar to meat meatballs. Many people have been fooled by them, never suspecting their true composition!.
They are truly delicious.
They are very easy and quick to prepare.
The recipe calls for prepared tomato sauce. For a great homemade sauce, try this recipe: Best Ever Homemade Tomato Sauce.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk
- 4 slices of good bread
- 1 package Light Life Gimme Lean Beef
- Italian seasonings (basil, oregano) to taste
- Some grated Parmesan cheese (optionsl)
- prepared tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a baking pan with a little olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg with a wire whisk. Add 1/2 cup milk to the egg. Tear bread into smallish pieces and add to the bowl. If needed for proper consistency, add another 1/4 cup of milk or so. (Mixture should be soft but not soggy.) Allow bread to sit for a while to allow it to soften up.
- Add Gimme Lean Beef, spices, and Parmesan cheese (if using). Mix thoroughly.
- Roll mixture into balls, placing each on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in 350°F for 15-20 minutes until a little brown and a nice texture.
- Remove from oven, and place in prepared tomato sauce. Let balls simmer in sauce for about 20 minutes.