In the mood for a special breakfast? Something different, but not too calorific or heavy. Try these quick and easy cloud pancakes! They whip up in no time, and are really, really good.
Quick and Easy Cloud Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg white
- sliced bananas (optional)
- maple syrup
- peach or other fruit preserves
- Prepare griddle or skillet. Spray with nonstick cooking spray, or brush with a bit of vegetable oil. Heat over medium.
- Prepare batter. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add milk and oil to flour mixture, and beat just to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, beat egg white until stiff but not dry. Fold egg white into batter. Fold in sliced bananas (if using).
- Cook pancakes. Pour about 2-1/2 tablespoons for each pancake onto hot skillet and cook until underside is brown. Turn and brown top side. Slide out and keep warm.
- Serve with maple syrup and fruit preserves.