This curried carrot and cauliflower soup was a hands-down winner with several members of my family. My husband Ron says that he doesn’t like curry, and is none to fond of pureed soups. So when he ever declared this soup to be “delicious”, I knew it was a “keeper”. Try it out on your fussy family!
This is soup is suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
This curried carrot and cauliflower soup was a hands-down winner with several members of my family. My husband Ron says that he doesn't like curry, and is none to fond of pureed soups. So when he ever declared this soup to be "delicious", I knew it was a "keeper". Try it out on your fussy family!
- 6 carrots
- ½ head cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ lime, juiced
- For condiments:
- sliced scallions
- roasted cashews
- toasted sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Peel and chop the carrots. Trim and chop the cauliflower. Chop the garlic.
- Place carrots, cauliflower, and garlic into a casserole dish. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Drizzle the olive oil over all. Toss everything together.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, stir. Return to oven and continue to roast until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred, another 25 minutes. Remove from oven and stir.
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot. Stir in curry powder and add the roasted vegetables. Cover and simmer soup until vegetables are soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Blend the soup with a potato masher or an immersion blender until smooth.
- Return pot to burner on medium heat. Stir coconut milk and lime juice into soup. Simmer just until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with condiments along side.