This recipe for cabbage-potato-carrot soup is a real family favorite. It is very easy to make, and can be put together very quickly.
And there is something so comforting about the combination of cabbage, potatoes, and carrots.
It is worth noting that cabbage — the star vegetable in this soup — has some amazing benefits.
The health benefits of cabbage include its frequent use as a treatment for constipation, stomach ulcers, headaches, obesity, skin disorders, eczema, jaundice, scurvy, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, eye disorders, heart diseases, and Alzheimer’s disease. — 13 Amazing Benefits Of Cabbage | Organic Facts
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (about 1/3 medium head)
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 bunch (6 to 8) scallions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Shred the cabbage. Set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, and cut them into 1/4-inch dice. Peel the carrots, and cut them into 1/4 -inch dice. Chop the scallions.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the potatoes, carrots, and scallions. Sauté, stirring, until the scallions are wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Add the shredded cabbage, water, broth, dill, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occassionally.7.6.722http://thesandboxchef.com/cabbage-potato-carrot-soup/